Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Joy and Shadow

Back in Chang Mai when we were riding the bamboo river raft with the Israeli girls, not only did i teach them a jewish song, but i also shared with them the meaning of my name that i had discovered in israel and venezuela. on our israel trip back in late 1998/early 1999, the jewish tour guide told me there was a name very similar to mine that meant "safe." well, in venezuela my host dad told me that the name in Genesis that phonetically could be my name meant "shadow" or "refuge." i told the girls that and they thought about it and then one of them said she totally knew. she said that the archaic version that they don't use often is "shadow," but she said the more modern use of the name the closest to mine means "joy."


yea! i am so excited! i love the meaning of it. i've waited my entire life to find out the meaning, so you can see why i'm so ecstatic. how perfect is that? just thought i'd share with you the great news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home